Thursday, February 20, 2014

We got a pig.

Yeah, yeah, I know -- this is a news blog. But look at this little guy.

PIC

That furry little black chunk of bacon is Wilber, a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig. And he is living in my backyard.

It was an innocent day. I was pulling in my driveway with my coupon haul from CVS, as I do every Sunday. Standing in my yard I see my boyfriend, 6'2" tall with a ginger beard, holding an electric blue leash with a fuzzy black pig on the other end. 

Damn it.

We all over-commit from time to time. Some men take up expensive hot-rod projects. Mine takes up farm animals.

At first, I was a hater. All I saw was another animal I was responsible for feeding and caring for (we have two dogs already.) I may have even spent some time surveying some relocation options.

But, doggon'it -- the little fella has grown on me.

Call it what you will, but despite my hostility (and by hostility, I mean avoiding him like the plague), the porker just adores me. When he hears me outside, he squeals for me to come see him, his little tail wagging as he perches up on his pen like an excited puppy.

Goodness gracious. I am officially Team Wilber. He likes his mo-hawk brushed, bananas, and running around in his fresh straw like a 12-hand stallion.

He has even acquired a companion, a finch who has taken up residence in his pen.

It's a regular Charlotte's Web story, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment